Straw poll on Python performance (was Re: Python is far from a top performer ...)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri Jan 9 19:35:31 EST 2004

Rene Pijlman wrote:

>Mike C. Fletcher:
>

>>I am often found optimising.
>>

>By an unoptimized or by an optimizing coworker? :-)

Well, in a perfect world, it would be by a lovely and svelte lady,
missing her husband and seeking to drag me off to connubial bliss (we'll
assume for propriety's sake that the husband would be me), but in my sad
and lonely condition, it's normally I who finds myself late at night,
feverishly optimising ;) :) .

All a man really needs to be happy is work, and a woman to drag him away
from it, or so I'm told,
Mike(y)

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder