what is best for web development??

ketulp_baroda ketulp_baroda at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 06:44:56 EST 2004

i am developing an issue tracking system
the primary requirements are
1)it should be platform independent which i think python will take
care of
2)it should have customizeable gui .I am thinking of using templates
for this like Cheetah. Is there any other better solution to Cheetah?
The problem i am facing here is i dont know what to use for
development of the application. I came across many ways to develop
web application in python which I already specified like
i)the cgi module in python
ii)Python Server Pages
iii)Quixote
iv)WebWare
v)Zope etc.
I want to choose such an environment so that i dont have to install
other softwares to run my application.For eg. I think if I develop
using zope then the client also has to install zope to run my
software and i dont want this.