TUPLE & LIST

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Jan 16 08:49:16 EST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:18:36 -0500, rumours say that "Francis Avila"
<francisgavila at yahoo.com> might have written:

>Gerrit Holl wrote in message ...
>>Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:
>>> Examples:
>>> Use a list for a list of names.
>>> Use a tuple for (x,y) coordinates in some area.
>>> Use a list of (name,phone,address) tuples for your poor man's address
>>> book which you will implement in python.
>>
>>What if someone moves away?
>>That is, I think one could better use a mutable type for the address book.
>
>That's why it's a "poor man's" address book. :)

Thanks, Francis :)

To Gerrit: if the context was "help me make an address book", I believe
it is obvious I wouldn't suggest what I suggested.  It was just an
example of concurrent tuple and list usage, where list stands for
database table and tuple for database row...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix