Easy way to make EXEs...

Xero Limit 126 xerolimit126 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 29 19:29:18 EST 2004

"What don't you understand about py2exe?  How it works, or how to actually
execute it?  Or something else?  If you have trouble with it, perhaps there
could be some improvements in the documentation...  but nobody will know
unless you help us figure out what the problem is.

-Peter"

Okay, I created the following setup file:

--- file setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(
console = ["calculator1.py"],
)

Then, I get the following error:

-------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/Programming/Python/Programs/setup", line 4, in ?
    setup(
  File "C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\PROGRAMMING\PYTHON\BASE\lib\distutils\core.py",
line 137, in setup
    raise SystemExit, gen_usage(dist.script_name) + "\nerror: %s" % msg
SystemExit: usage: setup [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts]
...]
   or: setup --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup --help-commands
   or: setup cmd --help

error: no commands supplied

I also get a pop up window to the effect "Do you want to exit all together,
Yes/No"...

I have a feeling that Im just inputing somthing incorectly, or I have
somthing installed incorrectly...

(Sorry for not going too indepth before)