C++ bad-mouthing (was: Why learn Python ??)

Francis Avila francisgavila at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 17:42:13 EST 2004

John J. Lee wrote in message <87oet7it2n.fsf at pobox.com>...
>Forgot to add: what happened to all those Python interface proposals?
>
>At least one was PEPed, wasn't it?
>
>I suppose it's waiting for Guido-bandwidth.

I think the general opinion of Guido was, yes, we need something like this,
but it's important enough to require his full and undivided attention, and
this must be given later, when a major revision comes up.  I also think he
wasn't fully satisfied with all the options.

I forget where I read this.  Maybe the pep-parade, or maybe one of the peps
themselves?
--
Francis Avila