Beginner question - How to effectively pass a large list

Asun Friere afriere at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 01:35:49 EST 2004

"Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> wrote in message news:<1071900300.434091 at yasure>...
> Quoth Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us>:

> |The maybe-mutate-maybe-rebind semantics of += lead me to avoid its use
> | in most circumstances.
>
> This tacky feature certainly ought to be considered for the
> chopping block in version 3, for exactly that reason.

And go back to 'someVariableName = someVariableName + 1' to do
the simple increment?  The various 'assignment' operators are
popular with good reason imho.

Perhaps what should be considered is making sure that operators which
appear to be assignment operators actually (and consistently) behave as
such.