Secure Voting software

Paul Rubin http
Wed Jan 21 20:35:01 EST 2004

piedmontbiz at aol.com (PiedmontBiz) writes:
> What things must I keep in mind when I design a python application to be
> secure?
>
> Since python is developed using C, can python be free from the
> buffer overrun problems which plague other C programs?

Buffer overruns are just one narrow type of security failure.
Security is really a hard subject and even systems built by experts
often have security holes.  There are various books written on how to
write secure software, and also some HOWTO's.  For systems like voting
machines, there are a lot of non-software issues you have to deal with too.

The book "Security Engineering" by Ross Anderson is a good place to start
reading if you're interested in the subject.