The bigger white book penis (was Re: ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED)

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 17:24:02 EST 2004

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > Andrew Dalke wrote:
>>
>>> It's made even worse when you make claims related to your
>>> profession (like "Even 12 years ago, "Computer Graphics: Principles
>>> and Practice" didn't teach texture mapping.
>
>> It didn't.  I have my copy still, and there is no discussion of
>> texture mapping algorithms in it.  It was considered "an advanced
>> subject."
>
> Then you don't own the second edition, which came out a year
> before that "12 years ago" comment you made.  Had you said
> 14 years ago then things would be different.

Oh please FUCK OFF!!!  12 years, 13 years, 14 years, awhile ago!  Why are
you wasting our time on this nonsense???  "Computer Graphics, Principles &
Practice," 2nd. ed, 1990.  ISBN 0-201-12110-7.   Acquired my copy at Cornell
U., spring semester 1991.  NO GODDAMN TEXTURE MAPPING TREATISES.  In those
days, you pulled your "advanced" papers on texture mapping, and unless you
owned very expensive 3D HW you implemented them by hand.  PITA.  Never
bothered.  Still can't stand texture mapping to this day.  What a bunch of
inelegant ugly flat looking crap!

> A slight timing
> error perhaps, but properly you should have used the publication
> date of your book.

Look at what the *original* title of the thread was.  Consider where you've
*taken* it.  *What* is your fucking point???  Your point was, and is, and
will continue to be... ***ME!!!***

I give up!!!  You have won!!!  I am driven screaming from the FUCKING
C.G.D.* NEWSGROUPS, NOT TO RETURN FOR QUITE SOME TIME!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHGHGHH!!!!

Wouldn't be the first time, either.  Probably not the last.  Hard for their
founder to stay away forever.  In the meantime, we will be MUTUALLY THANKFUL
for the absence!

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

I need a .sig about not suffering fools.