best book

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Fri Jan 16 03:53:38 EST 2004

km <km at mrna.tn.nic.in> wrote in message news:<mailman.372.1074117050.12720.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi all,
>
> What is the best book to start with python ? i am have been working since 1 yr with Perl.
>
>  kindly enlighten,
>
> thanks,
>  KM

There is a wealth of good, free python resources on the web.
For a comprehensive list of tutorials, online books and python
resources - Try :

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/coollinks/python_links.shtml

270 links in various sections....
Learning to program is a good online book, Dive into Python suits more
experienced programmers - whilst some of the tutorials will get you
the basics very quickly.
The Python documentation is good for built-in functions, types and the
standard libraries - which you will need to refer to a lot.

As a reference book I use the O'Reilly pocket reference book - very
useful and very handy (and not very expensive).

For learning to actually *use* Python (once I had grasped the basics)
I use (present tense) 'Programming Python' - from the same series as
'Learning Python' - (by Mark Lutz ?) I can't recommend it enough...
very good.

Fuzzyman

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site -

---
http://www.atlantibots.org.uk
Atlantibots - stomping across the worlds of Atlantis.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk