Windows service in Python

Gandalf gandalf at geochemsource.com
Wed Jan 7 05:11:15 EST 2004

Can anybody tell me how to write a windows service in Python? I would
only use file operations (maybe the logger module) and TCP/IP.
I already have my server and it runs fine both on Windows, Linux and
FreeBSD maybe others too, who knows? :-) The only problem is
that it should be a service. It is easy to make it a service on a UNIX
machine but I need to run as a Windows service on NT/2000/XP.
Is this possible? Can you show me a link to an example? Any help
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

   Laci 1.0