[Q] Pyython and curses/ncurses/snack/tinter/...

Chris Burkert chris at chrisburkert.de
Sun Jan 18 04:03:16 EST 2004

Hi

I want to write a little application for the shell with a
userinterface that is not line based. Think of the UI of mc for
example. And I want to use Python on different Operating Systems.
So it should be portable.

Now what would you prefer as UI-library? I'm searching for a
highlevel library with buttons, text boxes, dialog boxes,
progress bars, ...

I have heard of:
- curses, ncurses ... low-level
- snack ... wrapper for newt and slang
- tinter

Do you know of any other good library that is widely available?

I have seen a lot of examples for curses and ncurses but not for
the others.

Snack seems to be only available for Linux and not well documented?!?

thanks for any help!

   Chris Burkert