setproctile()?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jan 13 05:59:48 EST 2004

Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanchez at wsanchez.net> writes:

>    Is there a way to set the kernel's notion of a python process' name
> on Unix such that, for example, ps shows what I specify?

No.  I seem to remember than last time this went around it was decided
that it was too hard to do portably, but that's just possibly flaky
memory.  You might want to consult the python-dev archives.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  /* I'd just like to take this moment to point out that C has all
     the expressive power of two dixie cups and a string.