ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Nathan Mates nathan at visi.com
Tue Jan 13 20:20:26 EST 2004

In article <bu0k7e$bvkci$1 at ID-207230.news.uni-berlin.de>,
Brandon J. Van Every <try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I'm also starting to downright despise Linuxers.  If I see another
>project that's "cross-platform, so long as your platform is Linux,"
>I'm going to cut someone's head off.

   While I agree with that statement in the abstract (and can remember
when it was SunOS being the platform of choice), I would like to point
out that FreeBSD has reached over 10,000 ports. (See the counter at
http://www.freshports.org/categories.php ) For those that don't run
FreeBSD (or *BSD in general), a port is a piece of software designed
to be built completely from source on a local machine. Packages are
pre-built binaries. So, it the fine FreeBSD folks can manage to make
"Linux-only" apps build fine from source, maybe you can too.

   The rest of your pissy "I can't CVS commit back" comments, well,
start your own darn project on http://sourceforge.net/ . Once it's
available for others, it's got a chance of being used widely. But, I
suspect your motive was to be a freeloader and not contribute back.

Nathan Mates

--
<*> Nathan Mates - personal webpage http://www.visi.com/~nathan/
# Programmer at Pandemic Studios -- http://www.pandemicstudios.com/