super. could there be a simpler super?

Kristian Ovaska kristian.ovaska at helsinki-nospam.fi.invalid
Thu Jan 15 07:00:33 EST 2004

Kerim Borchaev <warkid at hotbox.ru>:
>  Is it possible that such a "super"(deducing class method declaration
>  context) could appear in Python?
>  (It seems to me that to implement a simple super something should be
>  done during "compilation" of class declaration.)

The document "Unifying types and classes in Python 2.2" by Guido
probably answers your question.

Quote from http://www.python.org/2.2.3/descrintro.html#cooperation
regarding super:

"It would be nice if we didn't have to name the class explicitly, but
this would require more help from Python's parser than we can
currently get. I hope to fix this in a future Python release by making
the parser recognize super."

--
Kristian Ovaska - http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hkovaska/en/