Sending e-mail with python 1.5.2

Andrew McLean spam-trap-095 at at-andros.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 10:26:41 EST 2004

I am writing a CGI script on an account that only has Python 1.5.2. It's
principal purpose is to take some user input from a form, do some
manipulation and return some information to the user. However, I would
also like it to send some information to an e-mail account (behind the
scenes).

The e-mail could be quite simple, but I wouldn't rule out wanting to
send a pickled object or two.

Now if I was using a recent Python I would just use the email package,
but I don't think it's compatible with v1.5.2. I know I have access to
the sendmail binary, so something should be possible. Any pointers
gratefully received.

--
Andrew McLean