Newbie: how to write modules without C

Maarten van Reeuwijk maarten at remove_this_ws.tn.tudelft.nl
Thu Jan 15 06:04:23 EST 2004

I want to extend python with a framework for reading, manipulating and
visualising CFD data. Basically I want to have an environment in which I
can quickly and interactively produce results, and Python with SciPy seems
to be an ideal start.

However, the only references I can find about writing modules talk about
using C, and that's exactly what I DON'T want to do. I don't need any
low-level operations, just handy classes that understand my file-format and
wrap SciPy features etc.

So my questions are:
1) Is it necessary to resort to C when writing modules or can you use normal
Python?
2) How do you load a Python script into a python session?
3) Can various python scripts be combined into a module?

Thanks in advance!