user/passwd entry

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 9 04:11:44 EST 2004

John Smith wrote:

> I'm wondering how to enter the user and password for a site over http?
> What's the module that I should use: urllib, htmllib, HTMLParser,
> httplib?
> What are the classes I should call, etc?  Thanks for any help.

It depends on exactly how you're entering the password.  If it's just
part of a form, then you'd do it through normal CGI means.  If it's
actually HTTP authentication, then you can do that by subclassing
urllib.URLopener.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE