MySQLDB multiple cursor question

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:39:29 EST 2004

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> f       The DB-API specifies a common method for accessing data -- this means
> "cursors".
>
>         MySQL itself does not implement that type of cursor.
>
>         Therefore, MySQLdb has to emulate cursors locally. That emulation may
> be tied to one per connection (or, at least, one active per connection
> -- maybe doing a conn.commit()?) [This is all hypothesis at this time]

Guess I'll have to crack open the mysqldb source code and fire up a
debugger.  The main problem with using multiple connections is that I
have to cache the user's password in order to repoen the connection
which makes me feel very queasy.

The error is very reproducible but that fact that it works sometimes and
not others means that it is probably a bug in mysqldb.

Brian