Escaping slashes (double backslash plague)

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Jan 19 15:29:33 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> If so, give up: it's not possible.  File names cannot contain a
> forward slash, at least on most any operating system which uses slashes
> as path separators. (*)

> (*) Examples to the contrary, while perhaps interesting, notwithstanding...

There is (was?) a bug in I think NFS or SMBFS which allowed the creation
of a file with a '/' in it. I heard of someone which had a very tough
time in removing it again ;-)

open(''.join([chr(i) for i in range(1, 256) if chr(i) != '/']), 'w')-ly y'rs - Gerrit

--
254. If he take the seed-corn for himself, and do not use the yoke of
oxen, he shall compensate him for the amount of the seed-corn.