I support PEP 326

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Jan 28 04:02:05 EST 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> 125
>
> That's a _lot_ of stuff in one module. Even if you exclude the 40-odd
> exceptions that are there, that's still a lot of guff in one big flat
> namespace.

Any plans to clean it up in Python 3.0?

In my opinion, a lot of builtins could either be deleted or moved into a
module:

buffer
complex -> to math
open (use file)
long
abs -> to math
apply -> use extended syntax
compile -> to sys
divmod -> to math
execfile -> to sys
filter, reduce -> to functional?
intern -> ?
map -> use list comp
oct/hex -> to math?
range/xrange (unify)
round -> to math

Gerrit.

--
227. If any one deceive a barber, and have him mark a slave not for
sale with the sign of a slave, he shall be put to death, and buried in his