xml-rpc

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 10 13:48:30 EST 2004

    Walt> Curious about why the same very simple xml-rpc demo code should
    Walt> execute quickly under python2.1 but very slowly under python2.3

    Walt> python2.1  ~4 seconds
    Walt> python2.3  ~24 seconds on the same machine

    Walt> Is there a well known reason for the difference?

Nope.  I tweaked your script to contact my XML-RPC server over the net
(about 20-30ms ping times between client and server) and just make
server.echo() calls.  It took between 1.6 and 2.5 seconds real time running
python 2.4a0 (aka CVS) on the client and 2.2.3 on the server.  Note that the
server is in production, so the different times were probably due to
transient server load.

Skip