Secure Voting software

PiedmontBiz piedmontbiz at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 00:01:03 EST 2004

>At 2004-01-22T01:35:01Z, Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
>
>> The book "Security Engineering" by Ross Anderson is a good place to start
>> reading if you're interested in the subject.
>
>I just finished "Practical Cryptography" by Niels Ferguson and Bruce
>Schneier.  It was almost enough to make me not want to bother trying.  :-/
>=2D --=20
>Kirk Strauser
>The Strauser Group
>Open. Solutions. Simple.
>http://www.strausergroup.com/

I checked out the site:     http://gnosis.python-hosting.com/voting-project/

This is a huge and important project. I suppose the programming language is
really not that important.  The issue is trustworthy system development
(applications, operating systems, drivers, libraries, hardware, etc.), and
developing ways to validate software.

A completely different programming paradigm will need to be developed.

allen