Recurring dates module [was: Project dream]

eltronic at juno.com eltronic at juno.com
Mon Jan 5 00:39:53 EST 2004

<skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     eltronic> rats, datetime IIR is only py2.3 unless it already
> works in
>     eltronic> py2* or some kind soul has backported it ala sets and
> some of
>     eltronic> itertools.
>
> Tim originally wrote datetime in Python.  You can grab the latest
> version
> from the CVS sandbox:
>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/nondist/sandbox/date
time/datetime.py

thanks,
recur's test use of datetime rev=1.159
didn't require any tweak.
recur itself only needs
from __future__ import generators
from enumerate import enumerate

and /python22/lib/enumerate.py
which was easy enough to create.

> There has been recent discussion on python-dev about what to do with
> the
> Python version of a module after it's been rewritten in C.  It would
> be nice
> if someone figured out a way to keep datetime.py in sync with the C

deep dreaming.
a program to produce specifications of a
modules functions from just the module itself?
all such modules include a _version or something?

maybe I can find the unit tests from py2.3
and see if any errors turn up.

please forward all spam  to "me"<u%63e at f%74c.go%76>