C++ bad-mouthing (was: Why learn Python ??)

Paul Rubin http
Tue Jan 13 14:05:35 EST 2004

jjl at pobox.com (John J. Lee) writes:
> > But at any rate, I thought we were talking about huge projects
> > involving many programmers, and I don't think Grail was of that
> > sort at all.
>
> Right.  Wasn't it a research project?  In any case, hardly a
> large-scale programming effort along the lines of Mozilla!

Grail wasn't huge but I think any serious browser qualifies as
substantial.  If you're saying it didn't really fail but actually
wasn't even seriously attempted, ok, that's even fewer substantial
programs that have even been tried in Python.