prog/lib to draw graphs

Bill Scherer Bill.Scherer at verizonwireless.com
Thu Jan 22 07:49:15 EST 2004

[P&M]

Florian Lindner wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm looking for a program or python library to draw graphs.
>They should look like the that:
>

>/--------\                         /--------\
>| Node A | ------ belongs to ----> | Node B |

Florian -

Graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org) is a great package for drawing
graphs.  It ouputs to many formats.  There is a python lib for it at
http://www.freshports.org/graphics/py-graphviz/, but I have not used
it.  It's easy enough to generate dot[1] code and call dot to generate
the graph image, so that's what I usually do.

HTH,

Bill

1. 'dot' is one of the graphviz commands.