I come not to bury C++, but to praise it...

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jan 14 11:16:48 EST 2004

Cameron Laird wrote:

> I was still fussing with cfront in the early '90s.
> Its era *had* passed by then, though.

And I actually went looking for it again as recently as two years
ago, considering the possibility of using it to allow the use of
C++ code for a small embedded processor which did not have an
available C++ compiler.  I actually don't remember precisely why
we didn't try it out, and I assume we simply got distracted by having
to make things work and forgot to continue the search.

Can it be used as a front-end for such chips, where at best there
are two or three C compilers on the market?

-Peter