I come not to bury C++, but to praise it...

John Benson jsbenson at bensonsystems.com
Tue Jan 13 21:05:33 EST 2004

Thanks for the considerate (and temperate) responses to my C++ post. I know
that language advocacy is particularly flame-prone, and find the responses
informative. Who knows? I might even change my mind about C++! But I suppose
that that's one of the dangers of participating in a dialogue.

I normally try to avoid posts based on

sprintf("All the cool guys use %s because %s\n", Myfavoritelanguages,
Mylimitedexperience)

but I most definitely fell into that trap this time around.