dde

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Jan 14 02:33:41 EST 2004

"Alessandro Crugnola *sephiroth*" <alessandro at sephiroth.it> wrote:

>Hi all
>I would like to send dde messages to an application, but i don't know which messages it supports.
>Is possible to do in some way or I absolutely need the api specifications?

You need specs and/or examples.  One of the biggest shortcomings of DDE is
that it is there is no way to ask an application what operations it
supports.  Worse, there is no particular standard for the format of DDE
messages, so even if you know the function you want to perform, you can't
guess what the message and its parameters should be.

What DDE app are you trying to control?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.