time module question

John Benson jsbenson at bensonsystems.com
Mon Jan 19 11:46:52 EST 2004

I display a little date and time (down to the seconds) in my Tkinter GUI
using Twisted internet sockets and ask Twisted to call a routine the
rerequests itself every second. That routine also updates the clock display,
so when I can see the seconds counting up, I know that the main event loop
isn't frozen for whatever reason. This is not time module functionality, but
event scheduling within Twisted. Tkinter also has this capability of calling
a function of your choice at some point in the future.

This rather handily replaced an older, more paranoid version in which I
logged a "heartbeat" message every so often to convince myself that all was
well.

Message: 5