Chart drawing library for Python

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Wed Jan 28 03:42:11 EST 2004

llothar at web.de (Lothar Scholz) writes:

> Hello,
>
> is there something like "JpGraph" for python ?
> For those who don't know this PHP library: It is a high level
> drawing library that generates gif files with all kind of charts.
>
> Or (maybe better) is there a C library doing this. I think i
> read about something like this a while ago.

To generate jpg's and png's (maybe gif's):

binding for plotutils:
http://biggles.sourceforge.net/libplot/

binding for gnuplot:
http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/

gdchart has a python binding (which I can't bring up right now).  Here
is gdchart's own page.
http://www.fred.net/brv/chart/

Also, some people use "R" for fancy charts, and R has a python binding:
http://www.R-project.org/
http://www.omegahat.org/RSPython/index.html

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M31 Knowledge Management