python service running on Win Xp, but failing on Win NT Workstation :(

Ringwraith lubowiecka at go2.pl
Mon Jan 26 10:28:31 EST 2004

Hello!

I have implemented a Windows Service in Python. It works on Windows XP
properly and logs in Event Viever any 'started' or "stopped" events.

The problem appeared when I tried to start it on Windows NT Workstation.

The following error entry appeared in Event Viewer while starting it.

"The Purge Log Files Service service failed to start due to the following
error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Timeout (120000 milliseconds) waiting for service to connect. "

Any ideas what could caused the problem?

I can send the code if necessary.

Thank you in advance,

Nazgul