Pre-PEP: Dynamically evaluating default function arguments

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu Jan 8 12:19:57 EST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:58:30 GMT, rumours say that Samuel Walters
<swalters_usenet at yahoo.com> might have written:

>OT:  I once worked with a fellow that had just enough knowledge about our
>business and systems to suggest wildly bad ideas to "improve" our
>applications.  On one particular project, he was required at several of
>the requirements gathering meetings.  He took up a crusade that wasted
>much of our time explaining to him that his idea was not only undesirable,
>but incredibly unworkable.  When the preliminary timeline for the project
>was passed around via email so that we could all ask for corrections I
>added his idea as a milestone with a projected completion date of "After
>the eventual heat death of the universe."  The project manager happily
>emailed him that his proposal had been accepted and added to the timeline.
> He was quite pleased with himself and was much easier to work with since
>he had "made a difference."

So, perhaps we should invent a new reply for all wild ideas about Python
(I've had my share of these :)

"Thank you for your contribution; your suggestion has been judged worthy
of inclusion in Python 4k.  Upload your patch to sf.net as soon as
Python 3k final is released."
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix