Using python for _large_ projects like IDE

Rene Pijlman reply.in.the.newsgroup at my.address.is.invalid
Sun Jan 18 09:34:30 EST 2004

Sridhar R:
>I am a little experienced python programmer (2 months).  [...]
>I am planning (now in design stage) to write an IDE

I've never developed an IDE, but it wouldn't be my first attempt to write
an app. It's huge and complex.

I started with prime numbers, tic-tac-toe, towers of hanoi, traveling
sales man, merge sort, and little things like that :-)

>Are there any ways to forsee the performance critical parts?

Sure, no problem. Post the design please.

>Also, any suggestions on reducing memory usage of big applications
>written in python?

Only the obvious: don't keep more data alive than strictly necessary.

--
René Pijlman