I support PEP 326

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 22 21:06:25 EST 2004

Gary Robinson wrote:

> I've recently had a couple of cases of needing exactly what it
> proposes, and
> having to kluge around the fact that it's not there. It's a great
> idea.
>
> If there anywhere else I should be expressing my opinion on this, let
> me
> know.

Seems quite reasonable to me.  The only issue I'd take with it is the
choice of Min and Max for the names of the singletons; they're a little
too close to the functions min and max, which obviously they're both
likely to be used with.  I would suggest something a little more verbose
such as Minimum and Maximum, or if you want to get silly, Infimum and
Supremum.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE