C++ bad-mouthing (was: Why learn Python ??)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jan 15 06:59:50 EST 2004

jjl at pobox.com (John J. Lee) writes:

> Not sure what the goals were, but I'm not sure they were to compete
> with Netscape and IE.  CNRI funding -- "R" for research -- seems to
> imply I do remember correctly (one of us should really check the
> facts here... oh well, it's USENET ;-).

I thought the purpose of grail was a test bed for research into mobile
agents, that being what most of the PythonLabs flok were working on at
CNRI.  I'm probably no better informed than the rest of this thread,
though :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Our Constitution never promised us a good or efficient government,
  just a representative one. And that's what we got.