Tcl/Tk Support

Diego.andrade diego.andrade at smartech.com.br
Fri Jan 9 13:27:11 EST 2004

Hi,

Im not a Python programer, but I need to use Python on some aplications CVS
related. Im trying to install ViewCVS who need Tkinter library. But It
doesnt Work. Im using RedHat 9 Default Installation, to test if Tcl/Tk
suport for Python is working I Type in the Python console import tkinter and
received the following output:

[root at Diego-Linux root]# python
Python 2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11)
[GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)] on linux2
>>> import tkinter
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named tkinter

Im searching over the Python.org for a explanation of what I have to do but
with no sucess...

Thanks for help.

Diego.