Simple web proxy - help needed

Ziv Forshtat forshtat at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 12:18:14 EST 2004

Hi all,
I'm looking for a simple web proxy in python to use in order to
demonstrate a web page classifier that I have developed.
I checked around the web and tried some of the existing free servers
such as the Tiny proxy server, CTC and others. The problem is that at
least on my winxp machine all of these servers only seem to work with
some sites but consistently generate exceptions with others. I keep
getting "connection reset by peer" and "software caused connection
abort"...
Perahps someone has already encountered this problem and solved it??
Basically, what I need is to plug my web page classifier into a simple
web proxy, so that pages pass through my classifier before they are
relayed to the client.
I really need to get this - or something of the sort - done as part of
a university project. Another option might be in the form of an
internet browser plugin that will communicate with my classifier to do
the job.
Problem is - I don't have to much background in writing proxies, nor
in writing plugins.
Any help and suggestions would be welcome.

Ziv