winapi: mouseclick

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 04:23:10 EST 2004

>From: Tim Golden [mailto:tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk]
>
>>From: KNS [mailto:netquest at sympatico.ca]
>>
>>> Can someone please suggest how to test for a mouse click using
>>> the WinAPI?  I have dispatched a windows application and would
>>> like to detect any mouseclicks (and keyboard entry for that
>>matter)...

[... snip my original explanation via win32all / ctypes ...]

Or, alternatively, you can use PyGame (http://pygame.org) to
get lower-level control, obviously intended for games, but
quite able to be used for gui-type operations.

TJG

BTW I apologise for the loss of threading on these posts: I'm
using Outlook to reply to the mailing list, and it notoriously
doesn't thread properly. If anyone has a fix, please let me know.
Tim

http://www.star.net.uk