Webbrowser and Mozilla control on linux

Jay Davis dj00302003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 19:33:55 EST 2004

I can launch a browser on linux with the webbrowser module
and the .open() method.  However, I want to be able also to
control the browser, specifically, I'd like to be able to
go to a URL and invoke the automatic form filler and post
the form, all from within a python script.

I have google'd around and I see hints that there are remote
controller objects for some browsers, but so far I haven't
found any examples of code that controls the browser; most
examples just open the browser, which I could just as well
do from os.system().

If anyone can share some samples, or point me to a good
reference with browser control details, I'd much appreciate
it.  Thanks!

J.D.