Program Python in VIM

Chris Raspe craspe at mvtools.net
Thu Jan 22 12:38:59 EST 2004

from the VIM FAQ...

30.1. Can I run a shell inside a Vim window?

Currently Vim doesn't have support for running shell and other external
commands inside a Vim window.

For more information, read

   :help shell-window

Alternatively, you can try using the Unix  "screen" utility or the 'splitvt'
program.

You can also use the vimsh plugin by Brian Sturk to run a shell in a Vim
window. To use this you need to have Vim built with python support. For
more information visit the following URL:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:17:56 -0500, Peter Wu wrote