distutils uninstall

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jan 21 12:07:00 EST 2004

Rick Muller wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out whether there are any plans to add an
> "uninstall" feature to the Python distutils. Googling has found
> several people posting the same question, but, to the best of my
> knowledge, no answers.

As Skip explains: no. Instead, use a bdist_ command, then use the
uninstall mechanism of the binary packaging technology (e.g. wininst,
rpm).

There are some complaints that bdist-generated packages don't properly
uninstall either (e.g. may not remove directories properly);
contributions are welcome.

Regards,
Martin