ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Bent C Dalager bcd at pvv.ntnu.no
Wed Jan 14 09:22:30 EST 2004

In article <pan.2004.01.14.01.17.00.970198 at fakeemail.com>,
Dan Olson  <hatespam at fakeemail.com> wrote:
>  Cygwin is a horrible horrible
>way to run things on Windows, and I'd like to take this time to insult the
>mothers of everyone who has ever made their Linux application run on
>Windows using only Cygwin.

I've always thought of Cygwin as

1) an excellent way to run the Unix-like tools that I know and love and

2) a useful intermediate step while porting an app to Windows.

Now, except as a quick first step to achieving (2) I don't really know
why anyone would put much effort into "porting to CygWin". Isn't part
of the point that most things will just automatically work under
CygWin so that you get (1) pretty much for free?

Cheers
	Bent D
--
Bent Dalager - bcd at pvv.org - http://www.pvv.org/~bcd