multiplayer online quizz game - can python help me?

Tlo tlo2075 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 6 17:12:42 EST 2004

hello,

i would like to do the following, and as i had never used python in a
network framework i would like to have opinions on this :

i would like to provide some kind of network quizz game, each player
logged in and can then join 'playing rooms', in each rooms they had to
answers many quizz-like questions, after a game finished each players
involved in it are ranked from their corrects answers and the time
they spent to answer. results are saved in a shared database.
graphical interface can be very simple.

can python help me? do you know of similar tools/application i could
use as starting point?

(from a first idea i was thinking of something much more like java but
maybe python can do? i discarded php because i suppose it's more on
the client side)

thanks