ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 16:42:00 EST 2004

"Servé Lau" <serve at detongiser.com> wrote in message
news:100bbb6kj9m03a4 at corp.supernews.com...
> "Paul Boddie" <paul at boddie.net> wrote in message
> news:23891c90.0401140223.344b22af at posting.google.com...
> > Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
> news:<4004EC9E.1E2E2893 at alcyone.com>...
> > >
> > > There are plenty of things you can get out of starting, getting
involved
> > > with, and approaching open source projects.  A legion of personal
> > > servants is not going to be one of them, and only a crass idiot would
> > > think otherwise.
> >
> > As far as I've been able to discover, life is just one long cocktail
> > party in Brandon's honour. So it isn't exactly surprising that
> > everyone appears to him as just another waiter with a tray of drinks.

Is there something fundamentally *wrong* with recognizing how useless people
are to your purposes?

> Well said, that's just how he sounds.
> I think I'm gonna create a new sig
>
> "I won't stop denigrating OS people for being incapable of fulfillng the
> kinds of projects I have in mind
> Brandon J. Van Every"

Except that I didn't say that, so it wouldn't be within your legal rights to
quote me as having said such.  If you want to quote me, you're going to have
to *quote* me, not paraphrase me in your own idiom.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

20% of the world is real.