python service running on Win Xp, but failing on Win NT Workstation :(

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jan 26 18:16:14 EST 2004

Ringwraith wrote:

> maybe another hint ...
>
> While installing I got the error message:
>
> "The procedure entry point RegisterServiceCtrlHandlerExW
> could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

Slowly but surely, support for Win95 and NT are being dropped off
(generally in the process of enhancing the framework, as was done for
services in this case).  I would accept contributions that fall-back to
the previous behaviour, but I have no problems with suggesting that
people who use a very old OS can also use an old Python/win32all to suit.

Mark.