Py2Exe and Outlook (array bounds change!?)

Brian Hlubocky hlubocky at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:58:51 EST 2004

This one is really puzzling me. I am not that familiar with COM or
py2exe, but I have tested this a fair amount and am pretty sure of
what I am about to explain. The MSDN website says that the item list
in Outlook has array bounds from 1 to length. Using this information,
I wrote a program that adds contacts to outlook using an external
database. When I went to try this out with py2exe however, I got an
exception.

What I found out is that when using py2exe, the bounds on the items
list changes from 1 to len, to 0 to len-1. Does anyone have any idea
why this might be? It seems goofy that this would happen. Testing is
on the developer machine, so I don't think different dlls could be the
problem. Thanks!

--Brian