Mixing protocols in pickles?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 23 02:16:44 EST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> Try getting gzip out of your test program; pickles are exercised more
> heavily than gzip.  Try it with both pickle and cPickle; it might
> matter.

Actually in this test case gzip was not being used at all.

> That's especially puzzling to me because that error message isn't one
> Python
> produces:  all messages of this form produced by the core spell it
> "module"
> instead of "Module".

Yes, that was from a client typing in the results; I verified that the
error was genuine.  A typo here, a typo there.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE