Twisted or Medusa or Zope

Thomas Weholt 2002 at weholt.org
Thu Jan 8 18:21:46 EST 2004

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3FFD7159.55630AE0 at engcorp.com...
> Thomas Weholt wrote:
> >
> > My advice ( I got some experience in all of them ) :
> >
> > Medusa is old and you have to do alot yourself. You have to know abit
about
> > HTTP, how async works etc. Get ready to get your hands dirty.
> >
> > Twisted is similar to Medusa, but comes with a bunch of very cool
> > ready-to-use/more-or-less-stable modules which can be combined into
complex

> Heh. :-)
>
> Twisted is similar to Medusa in about the same way that Linux is similar
to,
> say, CPM...
>
> -Peter

Ok, my point was that they are similar type of frameworks, if we compare
medusa and the webserver-part of Twisted. They don't do much without a bit
of work/coding. Unlike Zope which comes with a UI, user-management etc
running the minute you finish the installation procedure.

I might not know the entire technical aspect of medusa and twisted, not
really enough to compare them in detail. I was referring to the way a
programmer will have to use them, based on my experience using the two. In
that regard they're somewhat similar and different from zope. If I'm
completly off track here feel free to enlighten me.

Thomas