Error with Shelve from a frozen application

Marc mnations at airmail.net
Tue Jan 20 13:55:18 EST 2004

Hello all,

I have searched and experimented but can't find a way to make this
work. I have an application that I froze using py2exe which uses
Shelve to store data for me. This is the error I am getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 14, in ?
  File "imputil.pyc", line 103, in _import_hook
  File "<string>", line 52, in _import_top_module
  File "imputil.pyc", line 216, in import_top
  File "imputil.pyc", line 271, in _import_one
  File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
  File "anydbm.pyc", line 62, in ?
ImportError: no dbm clone found; tried ['dbhash', 'gdbm', 'dbm',
'dumbdbm']

A couple of places mentioned forcing the compiler to import the anydbm
module. I've tried this both from within the main program and from the
compiler options. Neither of them worked. Can someone please tell me
how to fix this?

Thanks ahead of time,
Marc