Python is far from a top performer according to benchmark test...

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 9 16:08:31 EST 2004

Carl wrote:

> "Nine Language Performance Round-up: Benchmarking Math & File I/O"
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5602

This benchmark is beaten to pulp in the discussion about it on slashdot.
It's a real stupid benchmark (as most benchmarks are) IMNSHO.

I mean, using python's arbitrary precision long object for 'math'
and comparing it to the other languages' long /machine types/... come on.
And thats just one of the flaws.

--Irmen